December 30, 2014

Tithing

I just wanted to take a moment to express how amazing paying tithing is.  It is such a blessing in our lives and I am so grateful.  Since Aaron and I got married over eight years ago, we have had such a large testimony of the blessings that can come from paying your tithing.  We have seen those blessings over and over again.

I have always been the one that made sure to pay our tithing after each paycheck.  We have a savings account linked to our checking that is specifically designated to tithing.  When we get paid, all I have to do is transfer that money into savings where it will sit until we can pay our tithing.  Since Teben was born over 5 months ago, I've really slacked in making sure that got done.  It's been so hard to find the time to get on the computer and pull the money for our tithing.  And when I say I've really slacked, I mean that it just didn't happen.  For our tithing settlement with the bishop at the end of the year, we of course wanted to make sure that we were full tithe payers.  Which meant that we had to get caught up...5 1/2 months caught up.  Ouch!  But, we were determined to get it done so we paid what we could and pulled the rest from our other, real, savings account.  It was pretty painful to take such a large chunk from our savings but we did what we needed to do to make sure that we could consider ourselves full tithe payers.

Within a matter of days of pulling all of that money and significantly lowering our savings account, the windows of heaven opened up and we received a huge blessing for which we are so grateful.  In the mail we received a reimbursement check from my OBGYN.  Turns out that we had overpaid on our contract from the pregnancy and delivery of Teben.  We were not expecting that check and against all odds, the amount that we received was almost exactly what we had just paid in tithing to get caught up.

Time and time again we have seen that if we will just do our part and pay our tithing, we will be taken care of.  I know without a doubt that the blessings that come from tithing are so much greater than anything we could ever receive from just the monetary increase.  I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for once again reminding me of that.  And for not pulling away from us when so often we fall short of where we should be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment