May 22, 2013

25 things you should know about me in 2013

I've been wanting to do a post like this for a while now.  I saw a similar post on LMM a while back and knew I had to do my own version of it.  If for nothing else, so 20 years from now I can look back and remember what was important to me and what I am like.  Here goes.
  1. I'm 27 years old.  Married.  Two dogs.  No kids.  Currently working on changing that last part.
  2. We own a 1400 sq ft home that we are constantly updating.
  3. I love to bake and decorate cakes but don't care to actually eat them that often.
  4. I pee in front of my husband and feel weird when I actually have to close the bathroom door. 
  5. I still get tomatoes and potatoes confused.  I know the difference but if I'm in a hurry I almost always say the opposite of what I'm thinking.
  6. I have broken my arm...3 times.
  7. HATE doing laundry!!!  (Did I emphasize that enough?)  It's the folding and putting away that is the death of me.  I more often than not will leave the clothes in the dryer until I need them and then I'll just re-run it until they aren't wrinkled anymore.
  8. I also hate mowing the lawn if it's been more than a week since it's been cut.  I'd rather just ignore it until all of the sudden it's knee high and then finally I'll break down and do it.  And then it's a million times worse than if I'd just done it to begin with.  It's terrible!
  9. I'm the youngest of 5 kids.
  10. We want to move to Brazil once Aaron finishes his masters program in August.  (Probably won't happen though.)
  11. I recently started bouldering (rock climbing) and love it. 
  12. I teach the 6-7 year olds in Primary and I love it!
  13. I'm a little neurotic.  I count everything.  Everything has to be done in evens.  I'm also constantly typing sentences I hear with my hands where every they happen to be laying...no keyboard or computer to be found.  Judge me kindly on that one...
  14. I have started many crafts and I have yet to finish any.
  15. I love the smell of my spouses face.  Is that weird?
  16. I get lost in books, any books, even if they're not that good.  
  17. I only wash my hair once or twice a week.  Much more cooperative that way.
  18. I currently have braces.  (Getting these babies off in December and can't wait!!!)
  19. I have been the same weight for the last 7 years.  My pant size goes up and down but my weight stays the same...it's weird...
  20. Being touched on my hips or my belly button makes me cringe and feel like I want to faint. 
  21. I refuse to pay for manicures and a pedicure is pushing it.
  22. I always have a fridge full of leftovers that eventually go bad because neither Aaron or I will eat them.
  23. I'm an adult, yet I still never step on cracks in the sidewalk.
  24. Going to the movies is my favorite way to spend a date night. 
  25. And finally...I Am Enough.  I have shortcomings and failures and sometimes I'm lazy and selfish.  It's so easy to get caught up in what holds me back.  But I also have achievements and gratitude for my blessings.  I'm motivated by what's right and by what's right for my family.  I genuinely want everyone to feel loved and included.  I believe wholeheartedly in forgiveness no matter the situation.  I believe in a merciful Heavenly Father who looks past my shortcomings and instead sees what I have to offer and what I can become.  And because of that...I Am Enough.

1 comment:

  1. This is fun. I like the idea of just writing things down just to look back a remember them later in life. I'm glad you are still blogging, I haven't been on in forever and need to get back into it. Also, I like knowing that people read my blog so when I don't get comments I lose my motivation to keep it up. Keep it up Tyann. P.S. I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete